Friday, October 8, 2010

“Plant the seeds of Love in your hearts. Let them grow into trees of Service and shower the sweet fruit of Ananda. Share the Ananda with all. That is the proper way to celebrate the Birthday.”


“Plant the seeds of Love in your hearts. Let them grow into trees of Service and shower the sweet fruit of Ananda. Share the Ananda with all. That is the proper way to celebrate the Birthday.”   Sri Sathya Sai Baba quotes (Indian Spiritual leader, b.1926)


October 9, 1956 is my birthday.  I share a birthday with the late John Lennon who would be 70 if he had not been murdered and his son Sean Lennon. 

I'm a BIRTHDAY GIRL !!!  I Love to celebrate my birthday and I love to celebrate your birthday too if you need to get a party started call me ;~)  When I was growing up my family used to laugh at how I insisted celebrating " Birthday Weekend " that later grew into " Birthday Week". 




LOVED this birthday number FIVE !!!!!  Here I am in kindergarten, home from my television debut on Ricky and Copper Show as a birthday guest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricki_%26_Copper

Proudly wearing in my Shirley Temple dress here I am surrounded by the love of my older brother Fred, younger brother Mark, maternal Grandmother looks on as I smile at my mom, dad, and Grandma Rice.  One of my dirty little secrets is, I LOVE Birthday Cakes decorated with FLOWERS ;~)   You are welcome to come visit me in my studio any afternoon if you show up with a decorated cake I promise to have a nice pot of tea ready in a minute to share some tea and sympathy ...



  


                                         Here are Jimi with me in 1975 on my nineteenth birthday.


We are surrounded by a small selection of my house plants; the Ming Aralia  http://www.plantcare.com/encyclopedia/ming-aralia-826.aspx  and the Norfolk Island Pine
He soon learned how much I love to garden and how to celebrate a birthday for a week. 

 Honestly, my celebration is more about the presence of being with people I love and people who love me more than about the presents.
On face book I love to write a birthday greeting on my friends walls.  I always write the same thing; Happy Birthday ..., make it a good day ;~)

 Taking this advice to heart I make everyday a good day for myself too.
This day is getting away from me so I will have to add more images
 from many of the other Birthday Girls that are me on another post.

Today ,I am busy pushing through a few loads of laundry, making a Whole Wheat Cortland Apple Pie, packing homemade Vegetable Soup, sauteing Brussels Sprouts in  Olive Oil and Garlic, then packing to spend this weekend with my son, his fiance, my daughter and hubby. 

Barry has some pumpkin patch fun, visit to the Rockefeller Stables and a Clam Bake planned as part of the Birthday Weekend Festivities.  I'll take more pics and post them soon. 

If this weekend is your birthday, make it a great, if it is not your birthday make it great anyway.

Kara and I love to celebrate A Very Merry Un Birthday to YOU !!!

Please keep me in prayers as I am still waiting on the final results for my biopsies. 
I feel really great so I expect good news.
Now out for a wonderful walk in the windy, afternoon sunshine, Quigong exercises and  putting final touches for getting my show on the road.

 Rest In Peace John Lennon
Happy 70th Birthday

 Give Peace a Chance ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails