Saturday, October 10, 2009

" Paper Roses,Oh how real those roses seem to be."

Ever experience something that you thought was real that turned out to be more of a reflection than what you mistook for reality? How often do we mislead ourselves into believing in what we want something to be?


Although I was not thinking about the song made popular in the 1970's, Paper Roses, when I created my latest work, perhaps it was my subconscious guiding me that inspired these floral elements made of handmade abaca, cotton linter paper pulps.


Paper Roses
I realized the way your eyes deceived me,
with tender looks that I mistook for love.
So take away the flowers that you gave me
And send the kind that you remind me of
Paper Roses, Paper Roses, Oh how real those roses seem to be
But they're only imitation, Like your imitation love for me.

I thought that you would be a perfect lover.
You seemed so full of sweetness at the start
But like a big red rose that's made of paper
There isn't any sweetness in your heart.
Is there any hope for incurable romantics like me?
Perhaps it is better to keep your eye on reality and not get caught up in romantic dreams. Is there a better tomorrow out there somewhere or is it all an illusion of what we want it to be?




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails