Tuesday, October 19, 2010

" What if God made a mistake? "

" What if God made a mistake?

Buddy: Well, the way I figure it, he never makes mistakes. I mean, he made sure we got together."  Fried Green Tomatoes
Patricia Neal (born September 21, 1944), known professionally as Fannie Flagg, is an American actress, comedienne and author.


Looking out from my kitchen window I see the tomato plants that served me these past few months are showing the wear from a few overnight frosts.  Part of today's work will be to gather the last of the green tomatoes then clear away the old plant material into my composting heap.

                         This morning I greeted the day with a nice plate of Fried Green Tomatoes.
Sliced green tomatoes coated with corn meal, seasoned sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
  Next I heated my wok coated with a little no stick baking spray and a few dashes of olive oil.

The work surface of my island shows the process as well as a pan of oven roasted, fresh beets, washed, tops and bottoms trimmed then lightly sprinkled with olive oil the cooked until tender in a 350 degree heat.


  I served these Fried Green Tomatoes with fresh, Free Range Eggs sprinkled with grated, Sharp New York Cheddar Cheese and slices of warmed Prosciutto.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosciutto




Awe, yes it's  Autumn in New York ...

     Autumn is the end of summer, the beginning of a rest for the fields and a good time for Thanksgiving.  God, he or she, the Creator of the Universe does not make mistakes. Everything happens for a reason.
It is that Higher Power brought us together.




Get outside and enjoy some part of this day. Be sure to make some mistakes today also, it will give you practice forgiving yourself as well as provide you with another chance to grow...

Eat from God's Table meaning eat your food as close to the way it looks in nature.

In everything give thanks ;~)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails