Tuesday, February 22, 2011

" In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful ."

 " In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful ."  
 Abram L. Urban

We fill our days with a series of activities designed to help us forget we are going to die one day.

One of my favorite places where I return again and again to find my balance is a garden.

As a young girl I used to walk around the garden of my childhood home talking with my mother.  I learned how to tend a garden by following her as she dead headed the faded blooms of each plant to encourage more blossoms.



February 12, 2011

 A few weeks ago I shared images from the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens Winter Show.  We returned to the Gardens in the middle of a cold February weekend to enjoy the http://www.buffalogardens.com/p-136-night-lights-at-the-gardens.aspx


Main Dome at entrance


The gardens look different at night decorated with lights and wired with interactive sound machines



close up of cactus during night time lights in the garden show


Waterfall with interactive drum and light display

Moses- in- the-Cradle


Lady Slipper




      The little girl in me searches for a secret place to enjoy the peace and beauty of the garden

Kara and I found this hidden garden bench just the right place to stop and it a spell.

New friends are all around when you play in a garden.
 

The Most Important Part of a Garden is the One Who Enjoys It ;~)

In the depth of Winter a visit to the Botanical Gardens does wonders to lift your spirit and make your heart sing;~)

As a member of the Botanical Garden I strongly encourage you to visit the gardens soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails