Sunday, November 22, 2009

"Find joy in the journey." quote by Thomas S. Monson

"Find joy in the journey." quote by Thomas S. Monson


Last Tuesday I departed from my home around 11:00 am for an adventure to Pittsburgh. An unexpected bonus happened during the four hour drive. Alone in my car filled with so much sunshine that I by the arrival time in Pittsburgh around 3:00pm I was covered in an explosion of freckles.



My first stop was to Shadyside, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts to deliver an assortment of my Devore scarves in time to be included in the Holiday Show. http://www.pittsburgharts.org/shop_index.php
Hours Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Sundays, 12:00 to 5:00pm. HOLIDAY HOURS Sat Nov 21-Dec 30.


Jen Carter and her numerous helpers were busy filling the entire gallery with a huge assortment of handmade art and craft items. Everyone was working feverishly to fill the space in time for the members preview show, that did not prevent Jen from being kind enough to offer me a cup of tea hearing that I had just arrived into town.


Next stop was to pick up an Autumn Bouquet for Jim's Aunt Katie. She has made remarkable progress towards recovery since my last visits in August and October. Keep up the jovial spirits Aunt Katie you are look stronger every day.


The warm, loving, soulful eyes of Rupert, see the above left image, greeted me as I was a guest in my sister-in-laws, Maripat Rafferty, home. Rupert always makes me feel special and very welcome while I am a guest in their home.

Oh, I don't want to forget to mention, Miss Sophie,who is the most well mannered, darling, petite little girl.

Rupert follows me around the home, he even stays beside me all night long. In the morning both Rupert and Sophie welcome me with joy and kisses. I can't imagine how Maripat can get anything done with the constant love and affection from these babies. I would play all day if I lived with Rupert & Sophie.
Thank you Maripat ;~)


Wednesday morning I was warmly welcomed by Brigette Martin at
LUKE & ELOY GALLERY
5169 Butler Street Pittsburgh, PA 15201
http://lukeandeloy.ning.com/events/paper-or-plastic
I highly recommend a visit to this gallery to see all of the offering by many fine artist such as the pic shown here.

By the way, my piece is in the front window ;~)

While you are on Butler Street step into
Sugar, 3703 Butler Street
http://www.sugarboutique.com/index.html

Katie Bulger, the proud owner of SUGAR, one of Lawrenceville’s premier fashion boutique has melted the hearts of Pittsburgh boutique shoppers by featuring trendy and unique designs. It was at Sugar, I received a warm Pittsburgh welcome and tour around the boutique from Bill. As I left he held the door, waved goodbye and wished me a safe rest of my journey.


Thursday morning I met with Pat Moran, director of Fr Ryan Art Center http://www.fatherryanartscenter.org/home.php
for a tour of the facility.
This treasure trove in the heart of McKees Rocks has a variety of Art & Cultural Events to enrich the life of the community as well as serve the greater Pittsburgh area. The art center is focused on sharing the arts with people of all ages preschool through elderly who wish to enhance their lives through art, music, and dance. I look forward to being an active part of this team of artists as soon as I can move back home to Pittsburgh.

I followed my olfactory joy to the lobby of the art center where I purchased homemade Chicken Soup with thin noodles and a Hot Sausage sandwich to nibble on during my ride back home in the rain. The woman at the counter was so kind tucking in extra onions, green peppers and provolone cheese into my sandwich to go. Wishing me a safe journey and many happy returns as she packed my lunch for my journey; I felt like I was being sent off by a cousin or a loving aunt rather than I woman I just met at a lunch counter.


That is the thing I love most about Pittsburgh, as soon as, I drive into the city I am keenly aware of being home. All along my journey, art directors, store clerks as well as people on the street were warm and welcoming. Joy found me on this journey to Pittsburgh.

Please join Kara and I on facebook rice rafferty fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/rice-rafferty/203899441756?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails