Saturday, November 28, 2009

To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth.


To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth.
Pearl S. Buck

When I began to study the chemical reactions of Fiber Reactive Dyes I immediately saw the connection between cooking food and working with dyes. My goal was to be a comfortable and competent in the the dye kitchen as I am cooking and baking in my food kitchen. Joy in working with my fabrics creating unique color and design patterns makes my eyes dance with excitement.

Presently, I am working on long, skinny scarves 90" x 7" burned out in Devore featuring raw edges are a fun, youthful, cozy way to warp yourself in color.

1st Annual Holiday Boutique @ Historic Ossining Campgrounds, Westchester, NY
December 5th & 6th (Saturday & Sunday) 10:00 am ~ 4:00 pm
Serving up hot chocolate & delightful treats.
Event to take place within the Historic Auditorium.

  • This will be a lovely weekend as my son Barry Rafferty and his fiance Meghan Oreilly-green at their home in Ossining, NY http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/29/realestate/29livi.html
  • In addition to seeing Barry and Meghan I look forward to visiting local historic sites around the Hudson Valley and meeting their dear friends.
  • Plus as an added bonus visit my dear friend from Canevin High School, Jim McDonald at his home in New York City.
Lots of work to do preparing for next weekend, now back to work in the studio ;~)

Please join Kara and I on our facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/kara.r.rafferty?v=feed&story_fbid=186632211607#/pages/rice-rafferty/203899441756?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails