Saturday, July 10, 2010

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

 " Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

 Today the weather in Western New York is wonderful.


The rains came yesterday, cooled the air and the humidity is gone ;~) Great day to get back out on my bike to enjoy nature. This time I head for the Clarence Bike Trails.

 It is a little over a mile to the trails entrance on Thompson Rd.  Even though it is early people are out on the trails so I choose to travel east on the trails out into the farmlands in Clarence.

Love all of the little bridges over the tiny streams

this farm home in the distance reminds me of Andrew Wyeth's painting Christina's World

wish you could hear the birds singing and bull frogs as I drive along this path


natural air conditioning from trees along the path


canopy cover of trees made this part of the journey cool

                                                            Patterns ... one, two, three ...

Love these line pattern in the sky ;~)


I started on the bike trail at Thompson Rd.between Heise and Goodrich Rd.
this day I rode up to Salt Rd.  This map shows I rode over six miles on the bike path alone.


Old barns are so romantic, don't you think ???


the frogs are taunting me, I hear them croaking from the under brush.

a happy little Dragonfly skimming the fresh water streams ;~)

The main symbolism's of the dragonfly are renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.  Some animal symbolism has the dragonfly representing good luck, prosperity, swiftness, purity, harmony and strength Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change.
And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest with the short time it has – which is a lesson for all of us.




Ah yes, here we are, finally got a good image of a frog in the pond


                     I'm keeping my eyes open for ripe apples from the numerous trees along this path. Going  to come back to gather apples in a basket to make homemade apple pies, apple sauce and apple butter in early autumn ;~)

That was a good ten mile bike to get ready for my trip to Quebec City this week. 
Lots of walking planned for the tour.

I'll post pictures of my Photo  Adventures in Quebec City and Montreal next blogs;~)

 Until then, keep you eyes open for the wonders of nature and inspirations...

 Have a Very Creative Day ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails