Saturday, July 31, 2010

“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”

“Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”

St. Francis of Assisi

Finding beauty in simple things brings great pleasure. 
Look closer among the leaves just above the flowers to the left.
 A mother robin selected my Trumpet vine growing next to my deck as the perfect place to make her nest. 
Safe inside the hanging basket trimmed with a bow I made from wire and paper pulp she found it the perfect place for her nest filled with three small eggs.


Everyday I look to see when they will hatch.


 I'll post pics of the babies when they are ready to greet the world.

New Addtion ;~)
The babies are here !!!
August 3, 2010   three new baby robins are alive in their nest.
ONE
TWO
THREE HUNGRY BABIES ...


 Sunflower that a frog uses as a Lily pad.
The deer stripped the Sunflower from the stalk.
 It had been eating the leaves away bit by bit everyday until finally the flower was hanging limp on the stalk.
I could not watch this beautiful flower go to waste so I dropped it into my little pond.

A few days later I awoke to find this frog using my Sunflower as a place of rest early in the morning.

http://www.fi.edu/fellows/fellow9/jun99/toad.html

I am very appreciative of nature making a home in my backyard ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails