Wednesday, November 3, 2010

" Change is not something that we should fear. Rather, it is something that we should welcome. For without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom, and no one in this world would ever move forward to become the person they're meant to be. "  anon

This is Meghan and Barry's cat Fever. Meghan rescued him from the streets of Brooklyn, NY when he hung around her band practice four years ago until he became part of her family.
Here is a clip of Meghan singing with her band Calentura, meaning Fever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkjQx4ivzWc
 
The first time Meghan saw me was November 2009.  She opened the door to Barry's apartment in Manhattan after a long day at work to find me dancing with Fever in my arms to a Beatles song.

 I knew I would love Meghan before we even met.  Barry told me he sees so many wonderful things in Meghan that he loves in me.  Meghan is an artist, she is a Libra, she had painted her walls the same rich hues i had selected for my home, she is interested in cooking healthy meals, working in her garden and she has a big heart for loving also.  She rescues pets off the street just like has been my practice.

 After she opened her home to Fever two more kitties found their way into their heart and home.  Fever was not happy anymore ;~(  He felt crowded and out of place in his home.  Barry and Meghan convinced me it would be better for Fever to come stay with me for awhile I agreed to see how he adapted to the change. I did not want to rock their boat.  It felt odd taking Meghan's pet away from her, after all, she loved Fever before she loved Barry. 
 
Happy to say Fever adapted famously to living with Gammy.  He is very relaxed and gaining the pounds he lost while he was in distress. When they brought him here to live at Gammy's house right before my surgery on September 28th I thought it was Fever that needed my help. Now I know is I that needed Fever as much as Fever needed me ;~)


He sleeps on the love seat in the sunny window in my studio or follows me around my home and garden. He really loves to sit on a stump and watch when we burn branches in the fire pit.
 
  Fever reminds me to stop, to be conscious of my breathing, to stretch, then to break out in spontaneous play.   

Fever in Downward Dog Position


We take cat naps in the afternoon in my studio. He climbs down off the back of the love seat then on to my belly where we drift off to dreamland for a few minutes.



Fever makes a great lamp to brighten my days ;~)
notice the shade I am creating from used coffee filters and bees wax


 Have a very Creative Day ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails