Friday, November 26, 2010

If You're Ever Going To Love Me, Love me now, while I'm living; do not wait 'til I am gone


Japanese Garden
 If You're Ever Going To Love Me

If you're ever going to love me, love me now, while I can know,
All the sweet and tender feelings which from real affection flow.
Love me now, while I'm living; do not wait 'til I am gone
And chisel it in marble - warm love words on ice-cold stone.


sunny day, picnic lunch at the " Parthenon on the Sacjaquada " aka  Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society.


 If you've dear sweet thoughts about me, why not whisper them to me? 
Don't you know twould make me happy and as glad as glad could be?
If you wait 'til I'm sleeping, never to waken here again,
There'll be walls of earth between us and I couldn't hear you then.

Kara during picnic lunch @ Mirror Lake
If you knew someone was thirsting for a drop of water sweet
Would you be so slow to bring it? Would you step with laggard feet?
There are tender hearts all around us who are thirsting for our love;
Why withhold from them what nature makes them crave all else above?

Japanese Garden @ Mirror Lake
I won't need your kind caresses when the grass grows over my face;
I won't crave your love or kisses in my last low resting place.
So, then, if you love me, if it's just a little bit,
Let me know now while living; I can own and treasure it.

---- Unknown

After I delivered a new selection of rice rafferty Statement Necklaces and Devore silk velvet Scarves to the Burchfield Penny Art Museum Shop, I called Kara to meet me for a picnic lunch.  Making hay while the sunshines on a fifty degree Autumn day before Thanksgiving, was a perfect to enjoy an impromptu sushi, soup & sauteed veggies picnic lunch in the Japanese Garden/ Mirror Lake. 
                                              http://www.burchfieldpenney.org/

For all the people who are more interested in prejudging; putting people and places in a box without ever tasting to see how good the unknown can be please keep reading. Shortly after I moved from Pittsburgh to Western New York I spent the day driving one house guest all around sharing some a the high points in area. Back at our home later that night she called Buffalo the " arm pit of the United States."  I had no response to that remark; can't imagine being so rude as to insult where someone was trying to make a new home.  "To him that has ears, let him hear." Mark 4:9

 Buffalo, New York has many hidden treasures.  One of my favorite places is the " Parthenon on the Sacjaquada " aka Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society.
" It occupies the building constructed in 1901 as the New York State pavilion for that year's Pan American Exposition, the sole surviving permanent structure from the exposition. As planned, the (then) Buffalo Historical Society moved into the building after the exposition.  Designed by Buffalo architect George Cary (1859–1945), its south portico is meant to evoke the Parthenon, in Athens. In 1987, it was designated a National Historic Landmark."  http://nystatearts.org/orgs/one?org_id=2984


My mother often shared her love of poetry with me when I was a little girl.  Today's blog entry opened with one of the poem she read so often I could recite it by heart.  It was imprinted in my heart at a young age to value time.  I often told Barry and Kara, " Money and time can be spent only once, choose wisely."  
Time passes much to quickly...
It has come to my attention that people who have not spent quality time nurturing a relationship with me have been asking my husband and children personal questions about my health. 

 Please do not put my family members in an uncomfortable situation when your concern is more about getting the inside story than about my welfare or that of my family.  If you feel the need to know more personal information than I convey in my blog put a little effort in rebuilding a relationship with me; send me a card or flowers, call me or invite me out for a meal when I am in your town. 

Working in triangle relationships within a family is not offering an opportunity for growth.

1 comment:

  1. What lovely pictures!!! The fall colors are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails