Friday, July 31, 2009

"He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much."

What is Success ?
He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often,
and loved much;
Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women,
the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children;
Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;
Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it;
Who has left the world better than he found it,
Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had;
Whose life was an inspiration;
Whose memory a benediction. —Bessie Anderson Stanley, 1904



First, I would like to THANK YOU. Thanks to each and everyone who has been reading my blog. It is kind of odd writing for an anonymous audience. This feels as vulnerable as when my art is open to the public for viewing in a gallery. My art and these writing come from my heart. My art is created from deep personal experience so it gives me great pleasure when someone connects with me. We are all the same inside more than many wish to admit. If we spend our time looking for how we are different then that is what we will see. I choose to see where we can connect. With some more than others there is a magical connection that creates friendly electric fun.
So Sublime ;~)

I know you are out there somewhere. The counts of viewers has been increasing. This is wonderful even though I have no clue who you are. It is exciting that you return again and again to spend time with me on my pages. If you would be so kind, it would help me a lot to know what you would like to see more often in my pages.
Do you make any of the recipes I share with you?

Your comments, criticism, observations are most welcome. Please feel free to make helpful suggestions. There is no need to leave a name if you wish to remain anonymous.

I will be busy for the next few days yet I want us to stay connected so I am leaving you with this offering until we meet again.

This recipe is fast, easy, great for a gathering. I make this for the student at Buffalo State College gallery openings and also at Savannah College of Art and Design. The platter was cleared at both institutions so I am sure your gathering will enjoy it as well.

This is the recipe I have on the platter of my previous blog.

VEGETABLE PIZZA

2 pkgs. crescent dinner rolls (I have used store brand also with great success)

Press crescent rolls onto pizza pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees until brown. Let cool.

Mix next 5 ingredients together. Spread on cooled crust

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese (buy the 1/3 fat of fat free if you wish)

2/3 c. mayonnaise ( again less fat quality brand is fine) I'm using Smart Balance Omega Plus

1/2 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt or low fat sour cream

1/2 tsp. dill, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. season salt

(I've used 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing instead of the above spices)

Here is the fun part where you make your own choices. You are making edible art so think color, texture, flavor, crisp, crunch...

Shredded broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, radishes and onions,tomatoes desired amount of each then sprinkle shredded vegetables as desired.

I add shredded cheese over the top choose either low fat mozzarella or a cheddar blend for more color. Cut into smallish serve portions.
Over wrap and store in the refrigerator to chill.

To make ahead, I bake the crust a day before, spread the chilled cream mixture and top with fresh vegetable closer to serving time to keep crust crisp.

Have a great weekend with your family & friends. Looking forward to seeing you soon ;~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails