Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happiness is being with people I love and people who love me.

Christmas is the time to say I Love you ;~)

Tuesday December 15th was National Cupcake Day according to National Food Day @ http://www.tfdutch.com/foodh.htm.

These fresh Chocolate Fudge cupcakes with Cocoa Buttercream Frosting perfect to share with people at work, school or any holiday party. Kara took this batch into share with the people at her office Christmas party.

Cupcakes are like a stolen kiss; sweet and fleeting without too much commitment. http://recipes.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Category:Cupcake_Recipes

Christmas is the perfect time to renew old friendship.
In early December, while in the NYC area, Jim, Barry, Kara and I were invited for a wonderful dinner in the home of my dear friend from high school Jim McDonald. He used to call me everyday for years, we attended a few formal dances together at Canevin, kept in touch while commuting to classes in college. Jim even attended our wedding. The last time I saw Jim was in winter of 1981 while I was exploring Dinosaur hall with Barry who was just a little over one year old at the time.
I sent a card to Jim's NYC address hoping to reconnect. He called, same voice, to tell me he was happy to hear from me and my card arrived on his birthday March 9th. Somethings are just meant to be. Here we are outside a German Restaurant around Gramercy Square after seeing each other for the first time in 28 years.
After a day of sharing laughs and memories Jim treated us to be his VIP guests for a trip to the top of the Empire State Building 100 club. It was great to have my high school friend conversing with Barry & Kara as adults. When the evening was over they said, "Mom, you have cool friends, we would have been friends with Jim too."

Thank you Jim for a great day, we are defiantly going to keep in touch more often now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails