Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goodbye to Summer 2010 or "Teary and tantrum-filled goodbyes are a common part of a child's earliest years."


 Goodbye to Summer 2010 or "Teary and tantrum-filled goodbyes are a common part of a child's earliest years." known as seperations anxiety.  http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/feelings/separation_anxiety.html

There is just no easy way to walk away from something you love. Separation anxiety is more about leaving something you love than being afraid of what lies ahead. 

I'll admit it, I LOVE Summer weather; the sunny days, bright flowers, swimming pools, hot sticky humidity, light salad picnics, bon fires in the back yard at night, fireworks, parades and even the insects.  I love it all ;~)


The best of both worlds for me would be a small home is the north and one in the south so I could follow the sun all year long.

This past summer began rather early for Western New York.  I welcomed the warm weather as  I bought a fresh pair of Birkenstock sandals when first hints of warm weather began in April.
  I loved every glorious mile I walked in these sandals all summer.  
Yesterday was wonderful with temperature in the low eighties as if it knew a grand finale was
in order. 

 I must have walked over five miles yesterday enjoying the warm sunny weather. After getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist I bought some fresh Butternut Squash, Gala Apples, Red Onions, a Pomegranate and a very small piece of Boneless Pork Roast at Wegman's.  

 After soaking my 32 year old Romertopf in water I layered up the dinner ingredients then pushed it into a cold oven.  Set the oven to 350 degrees and I was free to work on the mosaic back splash in my
kitchen then take another walk around Clarence Town Park.


Here is a close up of my oven roasted dinner served out on our backyard patio table.

The last official day of Summer 2010 was so special, because it was the first time since 1991 that the fall equinox will coincide with a full moon. 
It was all so exciting that I had a hard time giving up the day to go to sleep. So happy I made one final walk to enjoy the weather late last night as today I woke up to drizzling rain as a metaphor that the magic of Summer 2010 was all washed away.
Not to worry, I believe we make our own magic so I bought a cedar infrared sauna in August for just a time a

s this.  This year when I miss the heat of summer I will fire up my sauna, put on my CD of Desert Winds and play in my sketch book or journal.  After all we still have Indian Summer to look forward to in October. " An Indian summer is a meteorological phenomenon that occurs in autumn, in the Northern Hemisphere. It is characterised by a period of sunny, warm weather, after the leaves have turned following an onset of frost, but before the first snowfall."

                                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_summer
My plan is to take a quick trip over to Block Island to celebrate my birthday over the extended Columbus Day weekend.

"The Nature Conservancy added Block Island to its list of "The Last Great Places." The list consists of twelve sites in the Western Hemisphere." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails